Primary Email is a product created by Primary Technology Ltd. Being both a technical support and service provider to Primary Schools, we fully recognise our responsibilities for child protection. We actively monitor for any abuse, bullying or unsolicited contact with children. Our official policy is shown below.
- Ensure constant monitoring of pupil inboxes, identifying and recording cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Inform schools of any activity that may infringe child Protection.
- Inform schools if we have significant reason to believe Primary Email has been used to abuse a child.
- Ensure we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with child information.
- Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
We will follow the procedures set out by the Local Safeguarding Children Board and take account of guidance issued by the Department for Education and Skills to:
- Ensure we have a designated senior person for child protection who has received appropriate training and support for this role.
- Ensure we have a nominated staff member responsible for child protection.
- Develop effective links with relevant agencies and co-operate as required with their enquiries regarding child protection matters including attendance at case conferences.
- Keep written records of concerns about children, even where there is no need to refer the matter immediately.
- Ensure all records are kept securely, separate from the main pupil file, and in locked locations.
- Develop and then follow procedures where an allegation is made against a member of staff or volunteer.
- Ensure safe recruitment practices are always followed.
- Liaison with other agencies that support the pupil such as social services, Child and Adult Mental Health Service, education welfare service and educational psychology service.